At the supermarkets, volunteers informed everyone of Tzu Chi's international diaster relief actitivies through printed materials. After learning about Tzu Chi's Haiti disaster relief efforts, everyone donated.
Tzu Chi volunteers also went to a Salvation Army shelter to prepare 350 meals for homeless people and ex-convicts. The volunteers sought permission at the shelter to ask for donations for Haiti earthquake relief. The volunteers felt that this could be a chance for the guests to contribute to the relief of others, even though they did not have much money.
The guests learned about Tzu Chi's spirit as well as the respectful and loving interactions between the volunteers and the care recipients through a video and through the sign language performances of "Spread the Seeds of Love" and "The Spirit of Great Love.” Very touchingly, many of the guests were willing to donate what they could. The volunteers saw first hand that there is a lot of love in the world.
- Tzu Chi volunteers prepare and distribute hot meals to tornado survivors in Joplin City, MO
- Renowned pianist fundraises for Japanese relief efforts
- Cleveland volunteers deliver aid to flood-affected residents in Valley View, Ohio
- Tzu Chi Volunteers Visit Chile after Earthquake
- Argentina - Donation for Designated H1N1 Hospital
- Cleveland State University students join The Salvation Army for food distribution
- Canada - planting trees in Whiteoaks Park